PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Severe trim runaway E175 Republic Airways 11/6/19 Atlanta
Old 31st Jan 2020, 13:23
retired guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fdr
?????? ????
Now if you are suggesting inverted flying in yon B73Max, that has a limited shelf life, it is going to get quiet in about 30 seconds as the boost pumps are then above the fuel level.... as is the engine oil pickup, as is the hydraulic feed to the hyd pumps from the reservoir... possibly a good scenario for a B grade movie, hey, like AK261, but add winglets, add coke, as everything goes better with coke, and, yup lets take out the steeple of a baptist church and park the tube in the field in front of the parishioners. If Neil Williams can do it in a Zlin, then, heck let's do that in the Max.

just sayin'
fdr
How's it going?
For info I was training a 737 guy on Lesson one FFS (first day on sim.). How to fly straight and level. Effect of power. That sort of boring but essential ab initial stuff.
After 3:45 of a four hour session, as was our custom, I asked if he wanted to try anything. He said 'can I have a play'. Of course - she's all yours.
Took off, turned it upside down, inverted climb out and circuit perfectly, base leg and finals inverted before rolling wings level for landing. Yes on the real thing it would have flamed out and the sim. didn't know that! But the handling was he said what he expected. He then showed me a loop and barrel roll. They have been my 737 party piece ever since.
Not on the real plane of course because the passengers get upset.
Cheers
R Guy