PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kobe Bryant killed in S76 crash
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2020, 15:44
TIMTS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As I read through these comments, there’s a possibility here that I haven’t seen mentioned, and I base this on personal experiences.

I was a captain on an IFR flight in a VIP 76B. Our high net worth pax had been briefed that this would be an ifr flight due to weather, and expressed no issues or concerns.

At pretty much the same time as I called glide slope alive my co pilot started having what looked like an epileptic fit next to me. Our pax was leaning through the little sliding glass window behind the left pilot seat, grabbing and shaking the shoulder harness.

My partner in crime delt with it swiftly, professionally and firmly. Although we landed successfully I can only imagine what would have happened if I had been single pilot, low level SVFR in the hills at 140+ kias, and someone from behind started pulling on my seatbelt.

could this have been a pilot in control of the situation suddenly dealing with a stressed out, possibly nervous, already delayed person in the back distracting him at a critical time?

just a thought