PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 29th Jan 2020, 06:38
glenb

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
Just making sure the CASA Board is keeping the Minister updated

Dear Mr Anthony Mathews, Chairperson of the CASA Board,

As you are aware the Minister issues a Statement of Expectations, with the link attached here for your reference. https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2019L00977

I am firmly of the opinion that the conduct of CASA has not been in accordance with
  1. The Ministers Statement of Expectations,
  2. The PGPA Act,
  3. CASAs Regulatory Philosophy
  4. The values of the Australian Public Service,

Further i believe that CASA have not "considered the economic and cost impact on individuals, and business", as required by the Statement of Expectations.

I do not believe that CASA have adopted a "pragmatic, practical, and proportionate approach to regulation" as required by the Statement of Expectations

I do not believe CASA have" undertaken effective and ongoing engagement with the aviation industry (specifically my business) to create a collaborative relationship based on a foundation of mutual understanding and respect."

I say that from my own personal experience with CASA, and because of the enormous harm that conduct has bought to me, my family, my business, and other businesses impacted by the conduct of certain personnel within CASA. I have specifically identified those individuals to you on numerous occasions.

In the Ministers Statement Of Expectations, i note that you are required to "keep the Secretary of my Department and me fully informed of CASAs actions in relation to the requirements stated in this SOE, and promptly advise of any events or issues that may impact on the operations of CASA.

The purpose of this correspondence;

Can you please confirm to me that you have raised these issues with the Deputy Prime Minister, Mr Michael Mc Cormack, in accordance with your obligations in the PGPA, and that he is conversant with the allegations and concerns that i have raised.

As this request is a fairly straightforward request, i am hoping that you can respond in a timely manner

Respectfully, Glen Buckley