PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 29th Jan 2020, 06:29
glenb

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
Mr Carmody- Its your Regultory Philosophy. You came up with it, not me.

Dear Craig,

As you are aware, the action against APTA, then the requirement to place MFT income streams, staff and resources, followed by the direction to APTA that my position was "untenable", have bought significant mental and financial trauma to me and my family, and left me with absolutely nothing. I am having difficulty meeting my living expenses, and am about to seek accommodation assistance from Centrelink. Similarly, my credit rating has been impacted, and the bank has closed my accounts. My situation really is critical, to the point where i am unable to afford medical care for me and my family.

CASA moved in, and dismantled my previously approved Company, but no explanation was ever provided to me. I have been dealing with this for almost 18 months, and the trauma of trying to explain this again and again is something i can no longer deal with. I am making an appeal to my sons school to try and ensure he can continue his final year of High School, and similarly i am trying to maintain my daughters regional University education.

In October 2018, CASA did issue a request for documents, but no explanation has been provided.

Are you able to provide an explanation, or draw on Dr Alecks expertise in this area.

For clarity, i am requesting an explanation from CASA as to what actions were taken and why. This need not be a particularly lengthy document, but an explanation to use for creditors etc.

You will appreciate that when i say "CASA took action against my business", it has connotation that i have done something wrong i.e. broken rules, compromised safety etc and it places me in a very stressful and embarrassing situation.

I am hoping that CASA could provide an explanation to assist me try and move forward and rebuild my life. I feel it a more than reasonable request in light of all the harm that has been done to so many people.

Thanking you in anticipation of your co-operation. I am under enormous pressure to solve these issues, and that information should be readily available to CASA.

7. CASA fairly balances the need for consistency with the need for flexibility

CASA will consistently employ the same processes, and have regard to the same criteria, in all cases involving the consideration of particular facts and circumstances for the purposes of determining whether, and if so how, a regulatory requirement should be interpreted or applied in any given situation. In this way, everyone may be confident that they are receiving the same advice about the general meaning and application of any regulatory requirement.

CASA will also ensure that all relevant facts and circumstances peculiar to an individual situation have been fully and fairly considered on their merits, and will provide advice about, or decide the outcome of, a particular matter governed by a regulatory requirement on that basis. In this way, everyone may be confident that, within a regulatory framework that consistently employs the same processes and assesses facts against the same criteria, their individual circumstances will be fully and fairly considered.