PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Converting NPPL (SLMG) or LAPL (S) TMG to SEP
Old 28th Jan 2020, 19:26
Prop swinger

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I think he holds an NPPL with SLMG which he used to gain TMG privileges on an LAPL(S) when applying for an EASA sailplane licence. He now wants an LAPL(A) to add SEP privileges and someone's told him option 2 is available, which of course it isn't. If Paul has logged 21 hours TMG time post LAPL(S) issue then there's no need to convert the NPPL SLMG to EASA, just go straight for the LAPL(A). Just make damn sure that the LAPL(A) you get from the CAA after a successfull skill test has both SEP & TMG privileges on it.

FCL.110.A LAPL(A) — Experience requirements and crediting
(b) Specific requirements for applicants holding an LAPL(S) or an SPL with TMG extension. Applicants for an LAPL(A) holding an LAPL(S) or an SPL with TMG extension shall have completed at least 21 hours of flight time on TMGs after the endorsement of the TMG extension and complied with the requirements of point FCL.135.A(a) on aeroplanes.
FCL.135.A LAPL(A) — Extension of privileges to another class or variant of aeroplane
(a) The privileges of an LAPL(A) shall be limited to the class and variant of aeroplanes or TMG in which the skill test was taken. This limitation may be removed when the pilot has completed in another class the requirements below
1) 3 hours of flight instruction, including
i) 10 dual take-offs and landings; and (ii) 10 supervised solo take-offs and landings.

(2) a skill test to demonstrate an adequate level of practical skill in the new class. During this skill test, the applicant shall also demonstrate to the examiner an adequate level of theoretical knowledge for the other class in the following subjects
i) Operational procedures;(ii) Flight performance and planning;(iii) Aircraft general knowledge.