PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kobe Bryant killed in S76 crash
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2020, 18:06
Search&Rescue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by malabo
https://nypost.com/2020/01/27/kobe-b...ed-as-victims/

Pilot and remaining passengers named. Lots of IMC talk, but as others have mentioned that would have gotten you safely from departure airport to some arrival airport with an approach, not the destination - may as well drive. Two pilots, maybe for the crew-discipline to turn around before losing control, but then you'd be pushing it pretty hard, like SAR hard. I too am puzzled at the speed, like the 109 in New York a while back. I also don't know the background of the pilot - if he had flown pipeline/powerline patrol with a Robbie in the mountains it would be helpful background, or fires with an Astar in heavy smoke, or SAR like we saw in the short video of the highway following helicopter in the UK. Turn left in deteriorating conditions at the bottom of a valley when sitting solo right seat in a S76, hmm, and doing it at anything over 60 knots, again, hope for more insight into this. Rich guys die in helicopters, we read about it in this forum all the time.
I agree with Crab@ and share also your opinion Malabo that they were cruising very fast at low level... a sad story...