PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 28th Jan 2020, 17:51
glenb

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
Dear CASA Board

Dear Mr Anthony Mathews, Chairperson of the Board of CASA,

I am writing to you in your role as the Chair of the Board of CASA, and noting that you were appointed into that role in August 2018, which was approximately 2 months prior to CASA initiating their action against CASA in October 2018.

You will be aware that I wrote to the CASA Board on numerous occasions, and on every occasion my correspondence was ignored or not responded to.

From CASAs website it states that the Board is responsible for deciding the objectives, strategies and policies to be followed by CASA and for making sure that CASA performs its functions in a proper, efficient and effective manner.”

I have attached correspondence that was sent to you;

02/01/19

02/04/19

22/05/19

28/05/19

05/06/19

06/06/19

11/06/19

16/06/19 Letter to Minister McCormack (Board copied in)

Finally on 19th July 2019, a meeting was facilitated, more than 6 months after my initial request.

I summarised that meeting in my correspondence to you on 29/07/19. and received your follow up correspondence to that meeting on 09/08/19.

I responded to that correspondence on 17/08/19 and 27/08/19 and 06/11/19 (included with the other attached correspondence)

I wrote a further piece of correspondence on 06/11/19. All of which are included.

The purpose of this email.
By failing to respond to me requests for a period of over 6 months, that was integral to the damage caused to me, my family and my business. My complaints were substantial, and should have been something that you and the Board attended to, in a more timely manner. I felt that the CASA Board on receiving the correspondence should have responded if there was genuine good intent from the Board. Im sure you will appreciate my concerns when a Board chooses not to respond to such significant allegations.

I am considering taking my concerns to the Commonwealth Ombudsman because I feel you failed in your role as the Chair of the CASA Board.

Are you able to confirm, that you did in fact receive all of that correspondence, and are you able to provide an explanation as to why you chose not to respond to me.

I look forward to your explanation, respectfully,

Glen Buckley.