PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 28th Jan 2020, 17:44
glenb

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
Dear Craig Martin

Dear Craig Martin,

I have a number of issues that I had submitted through to the Commonwealth Ombudsman, some being actioned, and some pending me approaching CASA to obtain a response. Therefore on the Ombudsman’s advice I will be writing to you on a number of matters that require clarification. As I am after a strictly legal response rather than an “operational one”, or opinion, I will be directing the inquiry to Dr Aleck in his role as the CASA Executive Manager of Legal and Regulatory Affairs. I will direct this email through you, and include Dr Aleck in on all emails as I have with this one.

I have also included Mr Anthony Mathews as the Chair of the CASA Board, and the person ultimately responsible for the governance obligations. I had previously raised these issues with him verbally at our meeting, but thought it best to put it in writing to ensure there was no confusion.

Dear Dr Aleck, I refer to item 6 of CASAs regulatory philosophy below. In that statement CASA make a number of commitments to industry, which I have tried to have addressed previously but to no avail. In accordance with the Commonwealth Ombudsmans suggestion I will make one further approach to you, and hope that you can attend to it.

Regarding the action that CASA took against my business, which ultimately lead to me selling it under duress after trying to get these matters resolved for over 8 months. May I respectfully request that you outline your response to the commitments you made to industry, and specifically the points that I have underlined. Thankyou in anticipation of your prompt attention to my query, respectfully, Glen Buckley

6. CASA communicates fully and meaningfully with all relevant stakeholders

At every stage of the regulatory activities in which CASA engages-from contemplating the need to make a rule or impose a requirement, to the application of a rule or requirement-and to the fullest extent possible in the circumstances, CASA will ensure that everyone whose rights, interests and legitimate expectations will, or are likely to, be affected by CASA's contemplated actions has access to information and advice about:

· what it is CASA proposes to do

· why CASA is proposing to do so

· what considerations CASA has taken into account in forming its view on the matter to hand

· what alternatives (if any) had been considered and why those alternatives had been ruled out

· what the effects of the proposed actions are expected to be and

· what recourse is available to persons who are, or are likely to be, affected by the proposed action.

CASA will ensure that the information and advice it provides to the aviation community, generally and in individual cases, is:

· clear and concise, using plain language and concepts wherever possible

· correct and complete, authoritatively informed and fully informative

· responsive to the questions or issues to hand and

· timely.