PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More Typhoon-bashing ammunition for Rafale fans....
Old 27th Jan 2020, 08:01
halloweene

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fonsini
Arguments about who has the best fighter are honestly best left to those seemingly endless teenage debates on YouTube. Ditto the arguments about the Abrams versus the T-90, the Type 55 versus the Zumwalt, and the Akula versus the Seawolf. When F-15s shot down 3 MiG-29s in Yugoslavia and then went on to shoot down 5 more in Iraq without loss, people in the West proclaimed the overwhelming superiority of the F-15 over the MiG, while the Russians simply claimed it was due to inferior pilot skills and the situational advantages given by AWACS coverage etc etc and so on and so forth.

In my not so expert opinion it doesn’t really matter if the Rafale is better or if the Typhoon is better, and if there is a difference between them it is so narrow that effective training and individual pilot skills more than compensate. So for me it isn’t a question of Rafale or Typhoon, the secret is to make sure that when the time comes - you have enough of them.

Just my 2 cents....
God's truth. Just for the sake of clarity, Até is not AdlA, but a former Navy pilot (who participated to Northern Lion exercise). Btw, since when anti-nations rantings are welcome here?