PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GT says fatal 737 MAX crashes caused by 'incompetent crew.'
Old 26th Jan 2020, 10:05
retired guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by George Glass
Gee sunfish , didn’t know you were so “woke”. I haven’t met a single B737 pilot , and I know plenty, that doesn’t think both accidents were anything other than a clusterf#@K, MCAS or no MCAS. If you think there aren’t training issues in developing countries talk to somebody whose trained Chinese / Indonesian/ African low cost carriers. It’s a massive issue and only going to get bigger. Personally , I wont fly domestically in Indonesia ....period. And its got nothing to do with color , just lots of experience operating there.
George. You’re a brave man in a PC world! I don’t know any 737 pilots either that don’t think that. But there are two EU airlines very close to UK that I wouldn’t fly on either. So it’s not just about race or anything like that. It’s about confidence. Arrogance can be a factor in some “western” airlines. Over confidence. Hubris. That’s as bad as incompetence as we have seen. I know for example a lot of business people who fly on airlines based entirely on safety record and confidence. Even though the cabin service can be awful.
I am in hospital right. Now recovering from surgery. Any hospital? No. I picked the one with the best safety record. They aren’t all the same as we know .
Home today so less time to rattle off on these pages but I really enjoy the arguments ebbing and flowing whether I agree with them or not. We all benefit here.
R Guy