PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NYT: How Boeing’s Responsibility in a Deadly Crash ‘Got Buried’
Old 26th Jan 2020, 08:17
retired guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OldnGrounded
I don't think anyone is arguing that the Turkish Airlines crew wasn't largely responsible for the AMS crash. The point is simply that Boeing also had some responsibility and worked hard, apparently along with US regulators, to keep references to that out of the investigative reports.
Hi there again OldnGrounded
its oldnRetired here! Maybe we share a long and happy career somewhere back there when you pulled, the houses got smaller, but if you pulled too hard they got bigger again!

What alarms me here is that there are people here, and especially that long Dutch report that do seek to remove a lot of the responsibility onto a Rad Alt failure and away from a failure of the crew to monitor IAS and apply power manually the moment it fell
below V Ref. Never mind ignoring several blindingly obvious stall warnings culminating in stick shake and I imagine airframe buffet.
And so if I were Boeing I too would fight hard, not to
dissemble or “ keep references out” but to let the truth be known. That’s not the same thing. Boeing do seem to suffer from, what many here seem to see as an old fashioned delusion , probably not shared by Airbus ,
that pilots need to be well trained and maintain a standard of airmanship.
And so we now sit at that jumping off point. Will the two Max crashes re-energise training programs as well as seeing MCAS and other technical improvements.
or will we say MCAS fixed. It was the only cause. Job done.
Until the next one, and the next