View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2020, 07:19
A Squared

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SCPL_1988
Just went over the A-DSB from https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N134CG
the most probable wing failure occurred at 1980 meters, thats quite
a fair distance above the ground.
Really? Fascinating!!!! 1980m would be 6500 ft. Looking at the flight log, it descended through 6500 ft at 09:07:13 PM (that's in the EST time zone, the default when I view it, no doubt others see it in a different time zone, but the minutes should be the same) that's the 5th data point from the end of the data set. So, according to your wing failure theory, the wing came off at that point, but the plane continued to remain airborne for another 1 minute, 45 seconds after losing a wing, and during that time, only descending 1200 feet, at no more than 960 feet per minute. That, to you, seems like the trajectory of an airplane which has lost a wing?

Towards the end, there is a pitch change, that follows what appears to be
G force stresses on the wings..
Where exactly do you see a "pitch change"? The last 4 data points show the aircraft in more or less level flight (5400, 5300, 5300 and 5300 ft, respectively) for about 40 seconds. That's most of a minute. How do you infer a "pitch change" from that?

The A-DSB (sic) accurately depicts what is expected to be seen by a mid air wing failure.
What exactly is "expected to be seen" and where do you see it. Be specific. I'd expect to see a descent in the multiple thousands of feet per minute. What I see instead is a descent at less than a thousand feet per minute, seeming to level off and hold altitude at 5400-5300 ft for most of a minute. Then the data ends.

If you checked the flight aware file for this C130 you will see that there
there are no drop outs in signal until after we see what appears to be
mid air break up with the ADSB
What exactly "appears to be a mid air break up" to you? What is the timestamp?

The A-DSB information indicates that this C130 broke up
in flight several thousand feet above the ground
How does the ADS-B data indicate that? You keep repeating that, over and over, as if it's a foregone conclusion, but so far I haven't seen you make even an attempt at a rational explanation how the data is suggestive of an inflight break up.

Last edited by A Squared; 26th Jan 2020 at 08:11.