PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Totals 2019
Thread: Totals 2019
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2020, 23:57
Neufunk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by The Shovel
I must be misunderstanding your post.
Am I correct in thinking you work 26 weeks (2 weeks On/Off) per year for almost USD$20,000 per month (tax free)? And you miss working for an airline?
In my country, to take home that much money I would have to earn over Half a Million Dollars ($600,000 actually) per year. And to earn that much I would have to fly 100hrs per month, work 6 days per week to acheive those hours. And still require a 20% payrise. Oh, and only have 6 weeks leave per year. I don't know which lush green paddocks you have been feeding in over your flying career, but....

As someone who wants to quit airline flying for a Corporate job, can you please elaborate on what part of airline flying you miss?, or why you are not happy in your current role?
Do not underestimate the costs of private pension, medical and LOL. A quite big chunk might go to that. He probably also has activities unrelated to flying, mostly when it comes to managing the planes and stuff.

But yeah, I do agree, he has a pretty nice deal and unless he flew for a very comfy airline most of his career, I can't see why he regrets it.