Thread: Advanced UPRT
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2020, 08:33
Rivet gun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Contact Approach
If it ain’t broke...
From IATA (2019)

"Loss of Control – Inflight (LOC-I) is the most significant cause of fatal accidents in commercial aviation. LOC-I occurs when an aircraft deviates from the intended flight path or an adverse flight condition places an aircraft outside the normal flight envelope, with the pilot unable to maintain control of the aircraft. .....
With LOC-I accidents resulting in more fatalities in commercial operations than any other accident category over the last decade, reducing LOC-I accidents is a priority for IATA and the aviation industry across the globe."

I don't know how much UPRT instructors are paid (I would like someone to tell me) but perhaps similar to TRI or MCCI would be reasonable for an instructor with significant airline flying experience?

Part-FCL does not actually require UPRT instructors to have multi pilot or turbine engine aircraft experience but it does say that the safety and potential human factor implications of poor upset recovery instructional technique or misleading information are more significant than in any other areas of pilot training. It seems to me therefore that UPRT instructors would need to understand transport aircraft: how they handle and how they are operated by a two pilot crew.

Last edited by Rivet gun; 25th Jan 2020 at 09:20.