PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2-5
Thread: Jet2-5
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2020, 22:37
Matt995

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xanda_man
Off topic I know this isn't the SLF forum but wish I could share the same sentiment. First booking as SLF with Jet2 given the now huge local presence in BHX this year, having previously been loyal to the winking blue tail for many years. Only for Jet2 to deal us an almost 6 hour flight schedule change putting our inbound arrival time to 2am (on the first day of term following half term). Obviously not wanting to keep the mini Xanda's out of school the following day I call to explore my options of which I am told there are non. All within the T&C's (I know I agreed to them before anyone mentions it) and classed as a minor change and all I'm offered is cancellation at the loss of deposit or change to a different day at £700 more thanks to the ludicrous way 'out of term time' package deals are priced within the UK.

Just makes me wonder why they chose to publish a flight schedule and take bookings seemingly knowing that the slots weren't confirmed. Either way it seems the only winner in my situation is the airline as they either bag £300 for the cancellation or an extra £700 in date changes as these minor changes make significant impacts on SLF booking decisions.
Would that now be the Sunday 16:15 departure to Dalaman, arriving back Monday morning at 02:05? - Because Jet 2 are now planning on using more A321s, they have changed a few former B738 flights to the A321, hence having had to change flight times to accomodate the larger A321 in the schedules.