PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - forced landing - THE FIELD CHOOSES YOU!
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2020, 10:44
cats_five

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Olympia463
You could write a very funny book about gliding retrieves. My entries would include landing out in the next field to the club on my 'cross country landing check'. Landing in one of those little fields with low stone walls in Derbyshire which had sheep in it till I opened the brakes (in an Olympia - sounded like a Stuka) - the farmer said he was sure he had put his sheep in that field! Landing in a paddock behind a big house which happened to be owned by the MD of JCB - it was a hot day and his wife leaned over the fence and asked if I would like a cup of tea. And the time in Yorkshire when I landed in a lovely field behind a house on a road (telephone no doubt available), to be met by a party of well dressed young folk celebrating a 21st - and I was invited to the party. When my retrieve eventually arrived, they said I was clearly feeling no pain at all, and snored all the way back to the club. I had a monumental hangover.
You could indeed. I know someone who landed out near Kinloss and got the bus back. And there are stories about gliders landing out at Balmoral, in the grounds.

Last edited by cats_five; 22nd Jan 2020 at 13:01.