PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia recruitment
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2020, 03:25
"Littlebird"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been told to leave this one alone for many reasons. If you're lucky to be young enough, I would apply to VA and only accept a jet position from day dot, otherwise keep shopping. You're better off going to the US for a couple of years. No bond, no return of service obligation while flying brand new jets. The experience will open up many more opportunities in the short and long term.
1. The EBA is at Fair Work although it is my understanding that Fair Work is waiting for a reply from the company regarding some changes. This is called stalling and has not gone unnoticed by the ATR pilot group. Just adds salt to a wound.
2. As far as 'everything else being close to the narrow body ruleset', that is not exactly true. Narrow-body do not get rostered multiple 'reserve days' every week of the year. That is unless they bid to do so. What are the chances you might get called off-reserve? Great question! If you're a FO...90%, for a CAPT...maybe around 70%.
3. Opportunities for progression to the jet fleet? Yes of course, for a specific gender and ex-cadets. Everyone else can hurry up and wait. There is the ROS (return of service) if you happen to live in Brisbane, there's the 10% cap (percentage of pilots allowed to move per year), and then you have to be at a certain standard to transfer to the 'super jets'. This can be controlled by the company to suit if you know what I mean. I forgot to mention the cap will move to 15% after 1 Jul 2020...wow how amazing and kind!!
4. BOND as per the 'coming sometime soon' EBA....$45,000! (over 3 years). Not a typo ladies and gentlemen. What happens if you don't pass the type rating or training as some have not in the past?

LB

Last edited by "Littlebird"; 19th Jan 2020 at 05:00.