PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European short haul Captain emigrating to US. Best Jobs?
Old 19th Jan 2020, 01:43
havick

Received 46 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Kilogram
I'm on a similar boat, considering a move to the US. I don't have any Turbine PIC experience but have about 3000hrs on the A320 and 4500 total.
I'm considering a 135 operator flying Cessna 402's because it will allow me to sleep home every night (and other conditions that just seem ideal until family adjusts to transition). Final goal would be of course a major or an LCC but I wouldn't have a type rating on my FAA ATP. I do have a 4 year degree. Would I have a shot at a major or LCC after building about 1000hrs PIC on a light twin flying Part 135? Or maybe could I qualify for a DEC at one of the regionals that offer such opportunities?

Thanks in advance!

kg
Maybe, maybe not. Most legacy/LCC’s tend to like to see some FAA part 121 time. That being said the massive hiring wave starting this year, will change the dynamics significantly 2-3 years from now.

So really it’s hard for anyone to give any solid advice as the market is changing so much.