PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AFPS15 - government decision.
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2020, 12:28
downsizer

Received 114 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by VinRouge
So, despite the original change being potentially illegal, in terms of discrimination, there will be no uplift to restore benefits as was to the level it would have been if I had not been potentially illegally discriminated against?That isnt what is stated via Hansard.

https://www.parliament.uk/business/p...7-15/HCWS1725/

interestingly enough, the language differed somewhat between what we are being told and what has been legally agreed.

Also interesting to note that the FBU are additionally seeking damages for their members due to the impact of the previous illegal discrimination.

This is exactly why we need to receive more information from the pensions society. Despite the ruling, there is no information available to decide on a course of action. Standing by to get screwed over whilst other public sector areas have full union support to push for their membership doesn’t wash.
I can only go off what I heard mate. They were categorical that those that had left between '15 and the present wouldn't get fixed. Whatever the fix may be. Take it with a pinch of salt. They could of course be using that line to keep people in.

And in my case it works because although I plan to PVR, I would be better off on full '75 rather than the mix of 75/15, so I plan to wait to see the outcomes.