PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AFPS15 - government decision.
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2020, 09:28
Jambo Jet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VinRouge
Is that what the FBU and NHS unions are doing, or are they gloves off, driving for the best deal for their membership?

Bearing in mind the potential wins and losses for AFPS members, I would have expected a vocal and visible PR campaign to keep MoDs feet to the fire on this. All we ha be had is silence and requoting of articles. As an AFPS retiree, I’ve not been given access to the multiple DIN and briefing videos. I haven’t received any mail correspondence from MoD or the Veterans people in Glasgow.

This affects all of us, not just serving personnel and AF Pension Society need to act as that bridge. There needs to be a update newsletter pushed out on a repeated basis, focussed on where we are, where we think it’s going and most importantly, what exactly the pensions society are doing with our membership fee to lobby for the best possible deal in the shortest possible timeframe. I suspect MoD are facing class action if people aren’t hearing the right music in the right timeframe. I and many others are absolutely furious about how we have been and continue to be treated.

if MoD have capacity issues, it’s not my/our problem. We served, have our best when it counted and we are now being let down. If there is any evidence of dragging of heels to get the seniors over the retirement line, it needs to be exposed. Government F@cked it, they need to increase resource to fix it.
Well said that man. Otherwise what are we paying £40/yr each for?

Why Forces Pension Society exists