PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ukrainian Aircraft down in Iran
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2020, 17:24
Lonewolf_50

Received 392 Likes on 243 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveReidUK
The scope of Annex 13 specifically excludes incidents involving injury or death inflicted by a third party.
David, I am hope you are aware that there is more to what is going on here than a written word on a page.
If there is some kind of evidence of something being amiss with any ATC or Aircraft Systems or processes that may turn out to be a contributory cause (again, we don't know what we don't know, and I suspect that the odds are slim), then that may offer the civil aviation flight safety realm things to learn.
Are the chances small? Yes, that is my guess, but that's all I have: a guess.
Do you remember how much was not known about AF 447 before the FDR's were examined?
Politically, going through the process may have a significant value that your reading of Annex 13 will not appreciate.
If the Iranian government chooses to stand on that 'letter of the law' that you refer to, that will send a message.

FWIW, they had already started the process before the premise of a technical malfunction was abandoned. There's even a link to that prelim somewhere in this thread. Here you go, Dave: the prelim.
On Page 3:
B. Actions taken to investigate the accident
- The investigation was instituted based on Annex 13 to the ICAO Convention.
If they choose to end this process sooner rather than later, I hope that decision will be taken in consultation with Ukranian and Canadian goverrnments, at the least.
Originally Posted by WillowRun
But these information elements on a forum thread are not part of an official record, and should not be mistaken for same. And an official record is quite important, is it not?,
Amen.

Last edited by Lonewolf_50; 13th Jan 2020 at 19:29.