PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-9
Thread: Flybe-9
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2020, 07:56
edi_local

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by egcntristar
To take a recent example of mine I had two BHX-HAM flights booked before they canned the route. It took five weeks to sort out replacements as they wanted me to fly to HAJ and were willing to pay for transfers/trains to HAM etc. In the end they conceded and booked LH BHX-MUC-HAM which I had looked at and was £180 return (I had paid Flybe £160 per return). When I received the booking details the two flights had been booked as flexi economy fares at £490 per return.

So a £360 transaction had been rebooked at £980 (loss of £620), take the many passengers being rebooked on all of the cancelled flights and multiply them by this ineptitude shows why they probably need finance - lets not even talk about loss of goodwill/confidence going forward.
If they are having to rebook you they can only rebook you on flights that have availability and in the same cabin you booked in. If that means a £980 fare on another airline then that's what they have to go with. It's probably why they initially offered you the train option, which would have been considerably cheaper for Flybe.