PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing, and FAA oversight
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2020, 11:02
patplan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by retired guy
--- snipped---
That said, I have listened to many AA and SW pilots talking esp after Lionair and before ET, and none of them mention anything odd about the MAX at all. 300 of them flying for three years and as far as I know zero adverse comment from the largely very experienced pilots flying them.
I have asked elsewhere in Prune if anyone knows of any reports of adverse handling prior to ET and I haven't seen anything here. Does anyone know of any reports that were lodged?
The first B38M [aka Boeing 737 Max-8] had only entered commercial service in May 1997.

From Wikipedia...
The new series was publicly announced on August 30, 2011.[10] The first 737 MAX performed its first flight on January 29, 2016.[1] The series gained FAA certification in March 2017.[11][9] The first delivery was a MAX 8 in May 2017, to Malindo Air,[12] which placed the aircraft into service on May 22, 2017...
When it crashed in Indonesia, the MAX-8 had only been in service commercially for LESS THAN 18 months, and the second crash had happened before the MAX-8 even reached its second year of service. With almost 350 souls being taken away, it's quite an accomplishment- I would say.