PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Laarbruch memories
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2020, 08:56
Krystal n chips
Thought police antagonist

Location: Where I always have been...firmly in the real world
Received 98 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by Captain Radar....
It is Leuchars, we were on det there (TFM or APC?) and the aircrew threw 1000 pounders around, a bit of a change from their usual recce job. We erks lived under canvas by the SAR compound and took our turn at night doing armed guard (with pick axe handles) on Harriers. Unless I'm very much mistaken that's me (as a FLM) strapping the nav in with my mate Viv taking care of the pilot. Happy days.................................(and I do have some piccies of my time on II (AC) and later XV at Laarbruch somewhere but at the time we weren't allowed to take many and get away with it!)
Minus the pick axe guard bit, when 17 went to Colt for a week, fly in Monday, out Friday and nobody was really sure why we were there, we too were accommodated in tents, on the sports field, and were permitted to use the "somewhat basic " facilities of the sports pavilion for personal hygiene as they say in polite circles.......however, with commendable efficiency, in contrast to parting with money, the admin world duly stopped our LOA commencing on the Monday and not restoring it until the following week.