PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bose ProFlight headset user reviews
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2020, 13:14
redsnail

PPRuNe Handmaiden

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts
BoeingDriver99, I just saw this thread. I was on leave all of November and December had me in the sim etc.

I have the Proflight V1. I believe the V2 addressed a lot of the niggles although I must say, they are pretty minor for me.
Yes the case is large - about the same size as the QC35. Putting the headset away in that case is an exercise in frustration. Whoever designed it is clearly a sadist.
I do get audio "cracks" and to remedy that, I disconnect the boom and reconnect it, fixes it for several months.
Sound quality is excellent. You're not quite as disconnected from the Cabin Crew or Passengers so that's good. Either tapping off the ANR is quick or simply removing the ear bud works very well too. The mic works very well.
I have no dramas with the ANR in the top position (flying a Challenger 350). It is very good and doesn't leave you as "remote" as the A20 can.
They are very light on but they do take a little time to work out the best position. They can feel like they are falling off your head. They're not.
I clip the battery pack to the side wall, that takes the weight off the battery pack nicely. (2 x AA).

I would only go back to the Bose A20 if I was operating in an ambient high noise environment, eg, like a turboprop.
Right now, Bose have a deal on the Proflights or A20s, buy one and get a QC thrown in.