PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Box Hill TAFE drops Aviation Diploma
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2020, 00:40
Sunfish

Received 89 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by aroa
Sunny... dont you know...its all about their/CAsA's perception of the 'mystique of air safety'
And of course if you argue with them,or have a difference of personalities....LOOK OUT !!!
Their power is outrageous, unfettered and downright disgusting.
eg ...on a survey job the CPL at 3500 was seeking clearance to climb to 5000 for the photo runs.
The LL had be changed from 4000 to 3500..(CPL had copied all changes onto the chart but missed the 3500 bit).so according to the controller we were already in it.
And in poo too, .No further clearance.cease ops, return to xxxx and ring this phone no.
Next day we presented ourselves to the Ivory Tower in town for a lecture. I suggested to the CPL you do all the talking, I'll just keep my eyes down / adopt the submissive posture.
At the end of it all the CAsA person pulled two letters from the desk drawer. stating...
" if I had not been happy with your ATTITUDE today, this letter is to CANCEL your approval to operate/AOC, and this letter, allows you to continue. We got the second one....but that is not the point. Its all about demonstrating the ABUSE of POWER.
So there you have it ...you life, livelihood, business, mental and financial wellbeing can all go down the CAsA dunny in a flush.!
Ever see a CASR, CAR, Instrument, or Exemption that defines the attitudes or mind set of any individual, CAsA or otherwise.?

‘’Are you saying that it’s all about attitude? Where is attitude mentioned in the law and regulations? I’m aware of Ministerial disgression sometimes even delegated but that is all.