PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Euro market pilot saturation
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2020, 10:31
sheikmyarse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FlightDetent
Right on the target, but a wrong one. How many of those were caused by P2F cadets? I do not dispute the rusty skills analysis.

The reason every thread gets polluted with this resentment headache is people looking for scapegoats, and then legions rush to join sing along.

Inconvenient truths:
- on a path 0-2500 hrs medium jet, the self-sponsored (P2F) line-training packages cost just over a half of typical high-class CTC / CAE Oxford integrated courses. Pay and expenses included.
- money is necessary to get you a seat, but will not pass the exams for you. Could the ATO turn a blind eye, or avoid a specific exercise for the check? Possibly so, but after passing that you ain't seen even a shadow of a crew-shuttle bus (more below)
- the rich kids, as a group, do better. Any walk of life, and that also for objective reasons. Agonizing over it did not improve anyone's self ever.

----

Somebody upthread commented on having multiple horrendous experiences with fresh F/Os. While my personal account is nowhere near that heartbreaking at all, I need to respect that fellow pilot's opinion.

There was a simple 3-stage exercise to pass before concluding the training phase, to be admitted for the final SIM check on my first type rating. Organized and neat performance was the requirement.
a) ILS raw data (no AP / no FD / no ATHR / no MAP mode) down through CAT II minima
b) EFATO at V1 (handflown to landing)
c) PIC incap at VR.
only then you're ready for the check. And we had been trained hard for it.

If someone finds himself next to a colleague who is not sufficiently competent (unable to land back in marginal WX single-pilot, e.g.) the system must had failed them both:

Ground Zero: not reported for performance review by line captains
level Z-1: passed line-check
level Z-2: passed release from the "with safety pilot" phase
level Z-3: passed the OCC SIM check
level Z-4: passed the type rating Licence Proficiency Check.

There are deeper levels, but irrelevant. One can only clean the near side of the street. Funny and unsettling at the same time, those 5 above have something in common, organizationally. That is the elephant in the room nobody dares to mention. While at the same time the FAA to Boeing delegation fiasco still gets at least 5 fresh comments a day here.

---

I see these loose thoughts are irrelevant to the topic of the thread, apologies for joining the band.
The rich kids as group do better? I don't think so..they can pay their way into a corrupt system. And that is what it is. A friend of mine told me of a certain Easter EU carrier ..that allows people that should not be let even close to an aircraft to fly. He told me of the lack of skill and coordination and extreme lack of knowledge of basic ATPL concepts and even more of aircraft systems by many P2F imbeciles paying their seat to became poorly paid passengers filling paperwork unable to land the plane..imagine to manage a captain incapacitation in marginal weather..... So sorry to disagree..but something is very wrong and sooner or later it will surface ...from smoke and flames unfortunately.