PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Edinburgh-3
Thread: Edinburgh-3
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2020, 22:46
Sk1schoolsam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TUI

Originally Posted by ROC10

This was also my thinking, their long-hail offering from EDI has always been fairly pathetic and whilst it’s better than nothing, it’s certainly disappointing. Even DSA will see much more long-haul from TUI and it’s not as if there are other airlines serving Orlando or Cancun from EDI (or other Caribbean destinations for that matter). Even for short-haul though, there are routes not flown by EZY/RYR from EDI that TUI operate from other bases which are much smaller airports that I’m confident would do well from EDI. Of course however, I’m sure TUI know what is best for them (well given limited capacity anyway).

I arrived back into EDI yesterday evening on a TUI flight and the crew announced they were “launching a new route from Edinburgh to Naples for this summer”, along with SSH from November. So clearly the crews haven’t been informed of the dropped NAP for S20.
SSH only starts in Nov2020 through to April 2021 when Naples then takes over the Monday slot through S21, according to their timetable on the website.
There seams to be a disconnect with what is being advertised and what is available. Are TUI really committed to EDI or just playing at it? (Yes IMHO) Crews are all GLA based right?