PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA crew test positive for alcohol (Sentences)
Old 14th Nov 2003, 03:43
CH4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pratbratt

All I can say is that, as common here, you 'engage mouth before brain'. If you really bothered to read what I said, you might at least understand what I was saying! Maybe you' too, are too pissed or stupid to listen to what others say here?

'How does a pilot know if he is complying with the legislation?' We are told that the limit for flying an airplane is maybe a quater of the limit for driving a car in the UK. Depending on size, weight, metabolism of the individual etc, that translates to maybe a quarter of two pints of beer, less if you are a small guy.

I'm not advocating drinking to the limit, but you will understand many people's predicament here. My example of a dinner party, on a day off, followed by a report for duty next day is a real issue. Can you have one glass of wine at 9 pm or two? Who the hell knows? They need to know, otherwise they will unknowingly and unwillingly fall foul of the rules.

But a 'day off' should be just that; a day in which you can do what the hell you want and unwind. If you fly close to the 900 hr limit a year, you SHOULD be entitled to do what the hell you want on your day off.

All I was saying is, the agencies involved (airlines and unions) need to get their act together and help and advise all pilots. I'm not stating that the rules are wrong. Does that make sense to you Prattbrat? I doubt it! Will I get a sensible answer form this guy? Forgive me for being a cynic!

and btw Prattbratt, I think you could do with a drink to calm down and chill out; maybe then you can rejoin the human race!