PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Olympus Aviation Academy (Greece)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2020, 21:34
John John

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello again

The devil hides in the details as they say. For me providing true details is essential since it makes arguments more robust.

I didn't insinuate at all that OAA is runned by criminals since that would be laughable. EASA-HCAA approval is not a quarantee that a school operates without training, financial or other irregularities nor that we as students won't risk our money eventually. If you are Greek or have worked in Greece you would know that even HCAA as part of the public sector has many internal problems in terms of transparency and control.

Fortunately I didn't lose any serious amount of money, lucky me, but my friends did as I mentioned. I understand this doesn't concern you since you have graduated as you said but it is important to me in terms of justice, not victimhood.
When I am about to pay such an amount of money, I believe it's 53.900 euros now, I want to know everything about how the company I will be doing business with, is operating in all aspects. That is me of cource.

One graduate that I was informed of but never actually met was Isidoros Pantelis who is one of the ground instructors. Plus the 8 you mentioned with you are 9 graduates that I am aware of as of now. I understand that there would be more. Could you disclose how many graduates of ATPL integrated does the school have so far?

Since you mentioned the so called best school in Balkans I take that you mean Egnatia aviation at Kavala. I don't know much about them only that they are very expensive for my taste.

Also since you took the time to read reports at AAIASB page take a look at the Olympus report of the 2015 accident at Axios river. The owner and captain in charge claimed he faced engine failure but the investigation didn't show signs of stall in the debris which eventually got stolen from the sight.

The report closes with:
Probable causes
The failure to adhere to the regulations and procedures specified for Makedonia TMA VFR Routes and, more specifically, the safety altitudes specified for the said routes. The incorrect assessment of the risks of low flying which resulted in the aircraft striking the overhead power transmission lines.

You cannot equate all accidents by being caused of simple human neglect which is natural.
Forgetting the landing gear is a serious but quite a human mistake.
Low flying against the air laws, for showing off and crashing is another thing.

You can see the questions I made to Kaur above. If you'd like feel free to answer them because I think you have covered only two parameters.

While I am losing my time here I respect what all the above had to say and I don't think this thread is a circus. It can provide healthy dialogue and save some time for future students and aviators in their endeavors with any school.

ps. Now that the school has changed its name to Horizon doesn't it take some considerable time to be ATO approved again since it is a new company?
Could you or Kaur confirm upon that?
Also thanks for the GDPR reminder. That is kind of you.

With regards

Last edited by John John; 2nd Jan 2020 at 23:29.