PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AFPS15 - government decision.
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2019, 16:13
Jambo Jet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is not going to be a quick fix to this. Everyone has a unique gripe with being forced onto AFPS 15 and each case is subtly different (hence why everyone’s discrimination compensation may be quite different to each other - this has not yet been broached on the thread).

As a rejoiner who is not entitled to an immediate (albeit second) pension unless I serve to retirement age (55 or 60 depending on 05 or 15) I have an interest in knowing exactly what my retirement date is and right now I do not know when that is!!! I accepted service to MEOS to align to NEM. If I hadn’t then I would not get the 15 bit of my pension until I’m 67 so I was forced to do this. But if I can go back to purely AFPS 05 terms then the retirement age should be 55 and there are rules to be followed for continuance if service beyond 55 is required; and to which there must be a mutual agreement.

The Terms of Service AP on CM page explains this!

I envisage quite a few rejoiners are in the same boat and many would probably be happy to stay in to 60, although doing so could cost over 100k in lump sum and 5 years of pension payments.

This is why I think that if SP are moved back onto 75/05 terms then they are fairly likely to want to leave at 55 and not MEOS. (And 75 pensioners more so as they cannot earn more than 37 years of contributions) This will surely affect the future numbers that manning must be relying on!