PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Euro market pilot saturation
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2019, 13:17
lansen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by iggy
Previous poster said Command after 5 years is an example of being unprepared. I am saying it can be much worse than that.
Any pilot jumping on the left seat of a medium jet with that experience is ignorant about the risk. Since neither the airlines nor the pilots are being able to behave themselves in this regard I see urgent to put measures in place to stop this madness, being those measures total time, number of recurrent checks, years as commercial pilot...

Of course, those pilots taking the Command so soon are doing it for less salary or paying for it. I have rejected the Command several times because the salary offered was even less than FO.
This is a question that should be assessed from pilot to pilot. Say whatever you want. There ARE guys/girls who are mature and skilled enough to make the left seat after five years. Airmanship doesn't necessarily have to go hand in hand with experience. A lot of accidents (SWR111 with two highly experienced TREs onboard, to just name one) will prove your theory wrong.