PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2019, 10:50
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by RexBanner
Long Haul I doubt you’d have to rent a car as long as you were staying in striking range of Gatwick or Heathrow as you could just National Express coach it from Gatwick or better if you’re staying around Heathrow just hop on the bus. No early reports and much fewer (I would imagine) last minute two hour call outs, which even then is still achievable from Gatters with the frequency of coaches up to Heathrow every day.

Just for info/completeness for Falling Penguin....

Longhaul reports start at about 0630 ..(I think the earliest currently is a 0635 report for a two day TLV).

I've been called out many a time from Standby at the two hour point, and if the **** hits the fan and somebody goes sick after report - it happens, then it's not unusual for ops to ask .." err...we know you are on two hours but how quickly can you get here..."..It may suit you to amble in from your accomodation fairly quickly but the contractural agreement for LHR is two hours warning...

FWIW for LHR based pilots, including everybody on the T7, the Home Standby (HSB) "two hour to car park rule" only applies for an LHR report..if as a LHR based Long Haul pilot you get called from HSB to do a LGW trip you are simply required to get to LGW as soon as possible..

When I'm on reserve I use one of the LHR Bath Road B and Bs - if I get called for LGW I use the coach...I've never rented a car for reserve.