PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Euro market pilot saturation
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2019, 11:45
Yury Gagarin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by felixthecat
I would hope that a below average 1500hr pilot has a lot more ability than a below average 250hr pilot. At 250hrs you are like wet paint on a wall, and are generally clinging on for bare life against the forces of gravity. At 1500hrs that paint has hopefully had a few fresh coats and set. The paying passengers have a right to feel safe in there seats. Reducing the skill level of new pilots because of the increased reliability of aircraft and the ever increasing push for profits from airlines is not acceptable. There are many many 250 hr pilots out there who would be in a whole world of trouble if the old git in the LHS decided to expire one day.

You dont need a degree to fly an aircraft, you require a specific skill set that isn’t necessarily met by a degree.
Agreed on all but I would say that I would thas make at least the ATPL theory much harder. The level of ignorance is sometime appalling and a degree would sure help give a lift back to this profession which is becoming ingulfed by weak and therefore prone to accept the unacceptable " pilots" easy to black mail. EASA should do something about ASAP or just disappear.
​​​​​Not long ago I remember asking my FO what phoen was ..answer? An hair dyer...and he was not jocking.