PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Birmingham-7
Thread: Birmingham-7
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2019, 19:53
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flybe/FR/November pax

Originally Posted by GayFriendly
Great news about Aegean and a very welcome return despite the night hour schedule. They offer some great connections to some of the lesser known Greek Islands or, as I did, it's easy to stopover in ATH before heading out from Pireaus on the ferries.

Also very pleased to see Goa back, it's a fantastic, if touristy, winter beach destination and it's easy to fly onwards from Goa to Mumbai and Delhi to see 'classic' India, depending of course on the seat only prices...

In other news, I have it on very reliable authority that work starts very soon to re-brand the entire Flybe check in area ias Virgin Connect and that they are committed to BHX. However, the long term route strategy from BHX is still a work in progress, but new routes are not out of the question althoughh no major changes in based units planned for the foreseeable
Hi GF - Do you know what is the issue with DUS not going on sale for summer as I believe it isn't dropped and again has there been any word on whether there has been any interest in their CDG and AMS slots? I know the obvious answer to the latter is no, as they have put both of sale albeit Amsterdam reduced to 4 daily. I was wondering whether BHX has been given so many based units for summer 2020 but the DUS doesn't fit?

November

Not often you say excellent figures when down but below 2% 810622 in 2019 compared with 824531 in 2018. At first I couldn't see 800K so overall very good with QR, EK, PK and AI all up.

Ryanair

Girona back on sale from July Monday, Wednesday based and Friday away based. Not sure what the based flights have replaced but suspect it is a route where there is an away base.

Merry Christmas all

Pete