PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Olympus Aviation Academy (Greece)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2019, 00:28
John John

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greetings to you all

Hello Kaur

I absolutely agree that all sides must be heard and be seen.

The ground school for as long as I was involved there, was decent, not great, with very good instructors like Mr. Papadopoulos who since has resigned. Since I have never completed it I take you at your word that it was done on time.
What I remember is that there were no flights for more than four months due to maintenance reasons. I don't know about you but I didn't have that luxury of time even if at that same time I could study the ATPL theory.

Personally, if I, as an investor could know the history of the school (even the accidents that you seem to not care about) in detail I wouldn't choose it. That's me, that is my prerogative.

A company doesn't change its name for the sake of appearances only. It disappears as a legal identity and appears as an entirely new one under a new VAT number. For what reasons they did that I don't know and personally I don't care. But a healthy business doesn't do that. This is not a company I am willing to do business with.

Since I am so sinking into my shortcomings and projecting them everywhere ( this is not only OAA's luxury) I would like to ask you some questions:

1) How many active students are there now? Are two planes going to suffice?

2) How many 0 to ATPL graduates does the school have since 2013?

3) Are the civilian ground instructors licenced by HCAA for ground school? (not the air force guys) And if yes have you seen their licence?
Also how many flight instructors does the school have now?

4) When somebody doesn't get cleared for medicals, flights, exams or visa requirements, and logically has to leave the school, why management doesn't see to reimburse their funds? Are they protecting any interests there by being evasive and non co-operative?

5) Under the current circumstances how much time you estimate will it take for a student to complete the ATPL integrated course with OAA-Horizons?

I take that you have already invested in this school and so any negative feedback is bad for the influx of future students therefore not beneficial for your progression.
At any case I hope that I am wrong and the school might start fresh now and for the better, but I am keeping my negative opinion for now.

I truly wish the very best for you and all other students

With regards

ps. If Stavros chose you as his PR executive he did right.

You are great.

Last edited by John John; 29th Dec 2019 at 21:01.