PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Olympus Aviation Academy (Greece)
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2019, 00:17
Kaur777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Olympus Aviation Academy Greece

Hello Everyone

I am an active student of the school since a year now and i am honestly very surprised to read these exaggerated comments about the school.

i will try to give honest and unbiased opinion here as i my own money and time and energy is being put in this school. Again, this is my personal experience which I am sharing.

Yes the school has certain management issues (which school doesn’t) as it does not have big Investors or a big management staff but till now i have personally not faced any major issue with school as stated above by a person or two here. It is a school not as big as other big names in Greece but that was the prime reason I chose it so I don't get stuck behind all the cadet programs or sponsored programs.

I realised satisfied students dont make an effort to review the school but they should. After reading all the bad stuff here i felt i should shed some light on the other side of the story as well.

My ground school was done on time and with instructors who are actual airline pilots with airlines like ryan air, aegean airlines, ellin air and instructors who are ex NATO. Some students do complain about the irregularity of ground school however my batch got an uninterrupted ground school.

My flying is being completed on time and as per my availibilty since i have finished my ground school, now appearing fro exams and moved to LGAL fligt base. All flight instructors are Ex Greek Airforce Chief pilots etc who are very knowledgeable and excellent trainers. Wherein other schools are absorbing their own pass-out students as instructors, in Olympus all instructors come with years of experience from airforce or from seaplanes etc.

The school does asks you to sign a contract and i think every school is doing this nowadays to protect themselves from anything that may arise from a misunderstanding between them and a student. There is a payment plan you are expected to follow as well.

I would like to confirm the school has legally changed its name to Horizon Aviation Academy and moved few kilometres away from their previous location and i have personally checked the license ATO with the Greek CAA website and the owner remains the same and the school has an uninterrupted license for flight training etc.(can be confirmed on ypa.gr)

In official papers the name remains as “Horizon Aviation Academy (powered by Olympus Aviation Academy)”.

The school currently has 2 Cessna 172 and a third one that was in an accident by a student which is in the maintenance base of school and we have been told a process to acquire another single engine airplane is underway. the multi engine training is done with a rental Seneca for now in Athens along with the SIM training.

I did hear some bad stuff from certain people when i newly joined but i have come to realise that may be certain students kind of reflect their own shortcomings onto the school and pretend like they were never at fault.These are the people who could either not clear medicals after arriving into Greece or couldn’t clear exams or flight checks.

The accident people are talking about here happened in 2005 I believe and as it does not have any influence on current license of school or training of students, I personally do not care about it.

I can confirm students are clearing their atpls and getting their hours and getting their licenses like any other school.
There are delays in some cases but they are due to airplane being on maintenance or weather etc etc. certain issues which are beyond the control of students, school and civil aviation authority.

I believe everyone should do their research while selecting a school for such big amounts of money but dont believe every negative comment being made, there is always two sides to the story.

I can answer further questions about the school if asked.

Last edited by Kaur777; 19th Dec 2019 at 09:22. Reason: grammatical errors and additional information added