PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 18th Dec 2019, 00:13
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts
sycamore. Luxury! On the HP Herald 60% of the weight of my flight bag was hand tools.

From that Market Insider article. (that is some 'note'.)
The model is Boeing's bestselling product, and the production cut will have a material effect on GDP by pulling inventory growth lower, JPMorgan's chief US economist, Michael Feroli, said in a note . . .

. . . Since the production adjustment, the 737 Max hasn't hit GDP growth - the decline in deliveries to airlines was offset by an inventory buildup, the economist said. The company already has 400 undelivered planes in storage. "Accordingly, the expected drag on 1Q GDP growth should be concentrated in reduced inventory accumulation," Feroli wrote.
And there was me saying that stored aircraft were not 'money in the bank'.

It's not a, 'At least, they're an asset' kind of scenario. They might be worth 30 billion dollars one moment, and be a bewildering liability the next. It's hard to imagine a middle road when the product has cost so much to build. In particular, I'm not sure who'd buy 800 almost new engines that don't quite fit.