PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar EBA 2019
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2019, 10:15
Rated De

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Paddleboat
Impressive. So I get paid $305,000 a year. And I do this whilst working 30% less than the average Australian. Average is about 40 hours a week, 30% less 28 hours a week. So that is about 5.6 hours a day, over a 5 day week.

5.6 hours duty is a nice 2 sector day, and puts me around 70 hours flying for the month.

So somehow, despite the fact I'm 5 hours short of even getting into overtime, I'm able to turn my 200k base into 300k, and only ever have to do 2 sectors! And don't forget thats only average, meaning 50% of the pilots earn even more!!

I'm honestly at a loss as to how these lies are told seemingly without consequence.
The trick is not to actually consider duty hours, just look at paid flight hours..
Thus, theoretically, pick 80 hours per month (it suits rubbery figures) pilots do "20 hours a week" then a little cut here, a nudge there and contrasted to the "average" full time employee doing 32 paid then it is close enough. 30% less hours has a nice ring to it.....Great for the sound bite.

Of course JQ use a similar methodology to claim the various associates and entities are "profitable"

Ignoring duty hours is standard playbook. O'Leary did it, so did BA.

Little Napoleon has other curious interpretations..