View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2019, 00:04
Keith Myath

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Iron Bar
AIPA legal has always been very good.

Comedy gold.

This sort of thing would be referred to a senior industrial barrister.
If AIPA referred this sort of thing to a senior industrial barrister, don’t you think they should have published that advice? Here’s a tip, they didn’t.

QF/JQ May not go after individual pilots who joined AFAP after the ballot. But they sure as **** would look into the AFAP Exec and JQ faction for organising and coercion.
On this we can agree. There are large penalties for false and misleading statements from unions. The AFAP have stood by their advice, consulted external experts, and published that advice. False and misleading statements are a two way street, you may want to seek qualified legal advice on what AIPA is publishing.

Div 3/4 P340 onwards of the Act (page414). P176 might be worth a look too.
Bush lawyer 101, thanks for the tip. There are a few other pages that are worth a look, along with a few opinions and rulings from commissioners. But hey, why broaden your horizons when a narrow interpretation suits your purpose. Selective quoting is the best friend of the ignorant.

I can’t imagine the intent of the Act is to facilitate employees Monty Pythonesque rushing from one union to another, after a PIA ballot. If there was any doubt, perhaps Q would consider running an action anyway. Make things very real for the AFAP leadership, probably stand them down or lock em’ out because of the stress.
You probably should read the advice the AFAP received from Slater and Gordon. It explains quiet succinctly why employees are allowed to join PIA well after a ballot order has been issued. Alternatively, you can hold court and regale us with your superior opinions, I'm not sure who wants to listen to you.

guessing Keith’s email came from JQ. See how they have made a distinction between being a “member of AFAP” and “bargaining representative”. There might be a reason for that.
Genius. What gave it away, the bit where I stated “even Jetstar”

Yep, what is the objective?? Apart from running it at Xmas?
Hardly surprising AIPA doesn’t know what the objective of PIA is. It’s only run one PIA campaign in its 30 year history. I'm sure the Jetstar pilots will be in touch if they consider a red tie campaign.