PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 11th Dec 2019, 16:02
A320 CURSED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 737driverUS
Hi fellow aviators,

I would like to ask you a few questions regarding Qatar Airways position of the Type Rated Boeing First Officer which is currently open. I am from the USA and I hold a FAA ATPL and have a current and valid B737 type rating and its the aircraft which I am flying as well for my company. However, I fly both the Boeing 737 classic and the NG aircraft as my company operates the 737 fleet of 300series/400series/NG. My total time on the 737 itself is over 1000+ both classic and NG combined. I was reading the min requirements for the Type Rated Boeing First Officer states that you must be currently flying the NG series and/or EFIS version of the 737. The classics in our fleet are all EFIS screens, so before I apply, i want to make sure that since I am current and flying on both EFIS 737 classics and NG series, i am eligible to apply. Because in one of the previous posts on this forum i was reading that Qatar doesnt accept classic time unless its for the NTR position. So I dont want to apply and get a rejection and not be eligible for six months. My second question is, what is the latest interview prep gouge out there, I have been seeing latest pilot jobs.com but would appreciate any input on that. Please feel free to post here or pm me, I will certainly appreciate it. Best Regards and good luck to all that are applying .
I am also in the US, I would apply if I was you, Qatar and Emirates are looking if you are interested in wide body, also Flydubai would be an option for you.
you work for your money but you are compensated pretty good, the 2 big ones give you accommodation as you already know.
Looks you I am on the same boat you are... Unless you belong to the “Luck sperm club” to e picked by a legacy here in the US, in my opinion you are better off overseas and you can save some money if you play the cards right.