PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 8th Dec 2019, 15:30
WHBM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by PHDracing
What do the Pros say? Well, Reuters, Ned Davis, Morningstar, Credit Suisse, etc....all are "neutral" for BA's future.......With people like Market Edge Second Opinion saying to Buy and hold for the long term.
Well you are entitled to your opinion about the "pros". I have found their statements through this situation anything but accurate, going back to the earlier days. Time was when the, extraordinarily highly paid, pros would have good insight, whereas progressively over time they have been infiltrated by lobbyists etc and now just seem a conduit for press releases. Still highly paid but it makes the job easier. Boeing has produced financial forecasts but nothing I've seen comments in detail on their free cash flow, and presumably their share buy-backs are a dead duck for now.

I expect it may start to change after January. We may notice forward orders for Boeing have dried up.

I still don't understand how Boeing, who must have strings of BRILLIANT aeronautical engineers, could not get this one tied up within weeks of the grounding, yet here we are the best part of a year afterwards. Is there some internal turf war going on over whose solution or whose budget is going to manage this.