PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 6th Dec 2019, 23:49
WHBM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by OldnGrounded
Yup. The markets would not be happy. And it seems increasingly unlikely that the FAA will lift the grounding in the next . . . 25 days.
I have commented on this before, it is almost as if Wall Street cannot see that the Boeing balance sheet, instead of having $10bn of cash in it, looks pretty much the same but has $10bn of Stock & Inventory with a poor public record instead. I wonder if they are depreciating their value, and if not why not. There have been issues before with major US companies having inventory in the accounts at supposedly full sales value when in fact it is obsolete.

I believe the cash shortfall in the year is actually going to be roughly the same as Boeing was going to spend on "buying back" some of their shares, which is a device to make the lesser number of remaining shares worth more. Not doing that ought to knock the stock value back as well.

The SEC must surely also look at the multiple public pronouncements made by Boeing about imminent re-entry dates, all of which to date have proved groundless.