PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cargo Jet makes a 360 at 100’
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2019, 18:23
meleagertoo

Received 133 Likes on 63 Posts
And about the rules. How we decide when breaking the rules is ok and when it is not ok? There are rules or there are not rules. Selectively picking just rules I like is not the good way.
I'm not clear what rules he broke. There are no low flying rules over the ocean, you said "there are other aircraft like all around you". I'm unsure how similar to "all around you" these other aircraft are. They either are all around you or they are not. In any case I clearly stated the airspace there is quiet and any traffic is talking to you on a common frequency. Again, what hazard do you percieve? (a real hazard, not someting like a hazard).

I suspect you are merely uncomfortable because he flew in a manner you are not accustomed to and perhaps one you had not previously considered, ie a practical manner in order not to get an extra hole in his ass. These are self-help skills required in bush or tactical flying and can save your life, certainly make it a lot less stressful. The skills themselves don't apply much or often in airline work but for sure the mindset that comes with them does - the ability to problem solve outside the box and not rely on outside support to get you out of trouble.