PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eva Air present working conditions
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2019, 02:31
T7ER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update Eva

Originally Posted by arvida
Hi,
Any updated reviews for this company? What's the commuting roster?

Thanx
Hi! There are few news. This is as the day of today, because things change a lot. First of all, they won’t admit it but the strike from cabin crew earlier this year had quite some impact. No more year bonus! Money wise, they still pay on time tho. But no more protection on currency exchange. We are paid in NTD (Taiwan dollar) and at the moment, the USD is not good, so we are loosing money. Same for Euro. It used to be better and they used to have a protection for devaluation of the currency. But not anymore.
They are still looking for pilots because they simply can not keep them. Upgrade is kinda of a lure... it is true that they do upgrade. But, not fast at all... as any company, it depends on man power and company needs. They have a lots of cadets and of course, they will have priority. I have no idea why, but Malaysians and Japanese also have priority in upgrade. Basically within 2 years, upgrade as SFO then 3 to 4 years max, as captain. For other expats, it takes 4 to 5 years to upgrade as SFO then 5 to 6 years as Captain. Everything works with seniority and unfortunately, they can say any excuses in order not to upgrade you or to change you to an other fleet. Example, at the moment, lots of cadets and Malaysians and Japanese, and as I said, I have no idea why, they have better contract and more priority (even if they will not admit it and will keep repeat you that they treat all employee the same), that means that, as a foreigner from other country, you will upgrade after them even if you join before them. Easy to realize that, as they publish the list of upgrade, with id number and names. Id numbers are just numbers or starts with a letter (A..., B..., C... etc...) And you will see : for example you hold an id number starting like F123... and later, you will see that a guy, joining after you with id number G984.. is upgrading! As for that, it is easy to see that he joins after, but upgrade earlier. And of course, as a result all consequences, such as no improvement of your salary compare to others, lower self-esteem, etc...
Regarding work environment, it is a bit better than before but still very asian, juniors owe big respect to seniors and can not talk and express themself much. Culture of fear, punishment and bully is still very present but they try to improve... things change very slow in here.
Well, that’s it I guess. I hope it helps.