PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 4th Dec 2019, 23:05
glenb

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
If i were on the CASA Board......

In light of this thread being the basis of my submission to the Senate. I do not feel that CASA would take steps to shut this thread down. That would be somewhat unreasonable and especially in the light of the fact that these matters primarily relate to aviation safety.

This thread was started in order to protect my reputation, enhance aviation safety, ensure good governance, and to hold CASA to account against their own Regulatory Philosophy.

This thread only commenced 6 months after I had been dealing with CASA privately.

Anyway, if I were on the CASA Board (for clarity that will never happen), I would...…..

The very first thing that I would do is have a "corporate psychological assessment" done. Im not sure if these things exist, but I seriously would. Its a well intentioned suggestion but I can see the shackles going up already within CASA.

Have an external Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Corporate cultures conduct an assessment of the organisation and design strategies to ensure the appropriate culture flows throughout that Organisation. There can be no doubt, that there are many good officers and troops in that organisation. It can never operate as it should without the appropriate values flowing through every vein of that organisation.

The CASA Regulatory Philosophy borne of the Review obviously didn't work, so its time for a fresh start that is well intentioned. That alone will improve aviation safety more than Part 61/141/142 did at a cost of $100 to every Australian family.