PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flydubai crash at RVI final report out
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2019, 16:04
Twiglet1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Denti
Is that not the case in the UK? I thought it was actually a requirement under EASA rules (which of course do not apply to FlyDubai). At least when working in a FRMS Safety Action Group in a previous airline all actual fatigue reports were sent on to the authority, however there was a dispute if pre-emptive fatigue reports ("I am concerned this roster will induce fatigue") had to be send on. Reports were actively encouraged, calling in fatigued for a duty then required a report, so there was plenty to work through.
Hi Denti - not in the UK don't forget a fatigue report is a confidential report normally so SMS protocols kick in - the biggest test of FRMS however is the balls of the Chief Pilot to ensure his crew are not "named and shamed" to the DFO and MD - sometimes difficult if a flight is cancelled. CAA get top level stats and invites to FSAG.
In my experience of a mature AOC with FRMS fatigue issues are split down the middle between AOC and crew. AOC are the usual roster issues, stability of changes, Hotels etc and crews poor sleeping habits and lack of education and the C word (and that's not Christmas)
There is something missing though in that whilst the likes of Easyjet can provide loads of data on early and late combo's and DHL UK can provide loads of data on nights the ME airlines operate a mix of early, late and nights (and particularly long nights) and with 70 fatigue reports - sadly no data.

Last edited by Twiglet1; 4th Dec 2019 at 16:05. Reason: missed word