PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flydubai crash at RVI final report out
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2019, 11:03
Starbear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Centaurus

The thrust levers are manually positioned to max thrust for the go-around and the ensuing severe pitch up is further exacerbated by the aft position of the stabiliser trim. The pilot can only contain the pitch up that occurs by forward control column and holding constant forward stabiliser trim for approximately six seconds which permits fairing of the stabiliser and elevator thus allowing normal elevator control to keep the pitch attitude within reasonable limits.
With all due respect ( and I do mean that sincerely as we are apparently both in the same field) but depending upon when you were teaching this, I would take issue with your statement (bolded by me) as the pilot does in fact have another tool with which to contain the pitch up and that is the reduction of thrust in conjunction with pitch inputs. Certainly not intuitive in such conditions but probably vital. If there is insufficient pitch control or authority thrust reduction to the point of restoring that authority MUST be considered at least.

It was exactly this type of event, as well as the likes of the Thomsonfly B737 GA at Bournemouth (UK 2007)
in very similar circumstances which led to a complete review of the stall and approach to stall procedures globally, which changed the priorities of pitch (AoA) over thrust.

Thomsonfly B737 2007
https://assets.digital.cabinet-offic...009_G-THOF.pdf