PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2/FR/TUI
Thread: Jet2/FR/TUI
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2019, 18:20
rotorwills

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Flying Wild
I'd have to disagree here. Jet2 have cash in the bank and are the second largest tour operator in the UK, with numbers growing year on year. Package holidays are our bread and butter. The mantra is "we take people on holidays". Easyjet is a scheduled, low-cost airline. In a summer of strikes, they will happily cancel flights to maintain the schedule. Jet2 will always make the effort to get the flights away, even if it means taking big delays and our customers welcome this. It's shown by the amount of repeat custom and more importantly, new custom. We don't get awards for excellent customer service for nothing. Easyjet realise that the model of continual expansion can't last forever and are trying to find new areas to grow in. Will it succeed against the established tour operators? Watch this space I guess.

I apologise as I appear to a set a cat a most some pigeons. I was not setting out to disparage J2 in anyway but just as being an observer as I have no direct involvement or have any relationship with these guys. I have many associates, one can call them friends if stretching points, but as I say many of them who are employed by them do relate the conditions and such like. Let's move this thread back to where it should be, in that advice was asked and I gave my two shillings worth, hmmm decimal? No .

Moving on, I have seen so much drivel on these forums in the last 10 years or so and have refrained many times in making comments, I see my comment was and has been now commented on with not necessarily the sort of response that one may gave hoped for, nonetheless, a young inexperienced FO wanted to gain some advice, turned to the forum for that said advice. I believe my advice based on what was possible in my realm to provide was given. Please understand that this is general advice and so can be dismissed by certain circumstances which are.ARE, unusual as times and situations vary at any given time, was accused of ramblings by one, anyway walking on, tramping even, so top and bottom, if you are an FO looking to move up into command and one can see a clear path to that goal, then stay on that path. Do not, DONOT jump ship into an unknown outfit. That's me over and out.