PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A great opportunity or a trap for the unwary?
Old 1st Dec 2019, 14:56
HeliMannUK

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by heli14
at a guess, referring to Northumbria's links with Adventure 001 and their pleasure flying ops around the UK - one of the directors of Northumbria is also a director of Ad 001 according to Companies House.

Still a very big claim though.
I believe the Northumbria AOC is at work in Northern Ireland, Scotland and various parts of England - dont know about Wales though. So the claim is legit if they work out of Wales too.

Also now giving it some thought, besides the initial outlay, it could be a route into the industry due to the large pleasure flying that Northumbria do around the UK. Now hands up here I dont work for Northumbria and have no affiliation with them but from my experience it is HARD getting traction in this industry. Knowing what I know now would I risk £200 to try get into the industry quicker....yes the answer is yes, its a risk worth taking. Roughly getting to FI costs about £65000 to CPL about £70000 and to IR about £110000, thinking about it this way what is £200 in the grand scheme of things?